Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Short Break

Hello, fellow readers. I'm sorry I have been negligent in my blogging lately. We had a spurt of injury/illness time in our family, and we lost a beloved congregation member and close family friend yesterday. She was a wonderful vibrant woman taken from us too quickly and too soon. As Ben Bradlee said when he eulogized Katharine Graham several years ago "She was a spectacular dame, and I loved her very much." That pretty much sums up how I (and so very many others) felt about BL.

I find that I am feeling a little overwhelmed this week - I have a backlog of books and even some articles that I want to post about (should that be called a "backblog?"), but am having trouble finding the time and/or energy to organize my thoughts in ways that I think are engaging or meaningful. What little energy there is will be devoted to holding steady for my family and congregation, and doing what I pray will be my best work for BL.

Given that reality, I am taking a one-week break from "Ex Libris Fides." Tune in again beginning Tuesday, April 21 for reviews on Azar Nafisi's Things I've Been Silent About, Ron Hall and Denver Moore's Same Kind of Different As Me, and much, much more.

Reverent Reader

3 Comments:

At 4/15/09, 3:59 PM , Blogger ssf said...

I am so sorry to hear the sad news. We are thinking about you all.

 
At 4/15/09, 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you take all your time to focus on BL's memorial service; I am so sad this week. I only knew BL over the last year, and still I am so sad about her passing. Of course, I love Amy, my neighbor, but I loved her mom on my own. She always took time out to talk with me at church, and I grew to know her because of her spirited support for "change" this past election year. I will miss her so, and I didn't even know her that well..... Take care. . .SKDwyer

 
At 4/23/09, 9:00 AM , Blogger jledmiston said...

((Hugging you.)) I talked with BW about BL the other night and it sounds like she was a beautiful person. I'll miss her for you too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home