Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ex Libris Fides!


EX LIBRIS FIDES TURNS 1!!!

I knew the date was coming up, but just had not really focused on it yet. Then this morning J. at A Church for Starving Artists made reference to her third "blogoversary," which prompted me to go back and see when the first posting of Ex Libris Fides was. Turns out it was one year ago today. Wahoo!

I'm still having fun writing it, hope you all out there are still enjoying reading it. Sorry there has been a lapse this week - I have been reading a really good novel (The Book Thief by Markus Zusak), that would be easy to just blow through because the story is so good. However, the writing is so subtle and compelling that I have forced myself to go slowly so as not to miss as much. Just finished it a couple of days ago - more posting about it over the weekend sometime.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to my blog! Have a piece of cake to celebrate (or take a book to your favorite kid and read it to him/her).

Reverent Reader

P. S. Also want to wish my brother-in-law and fellow book lover D. and Happy Birthday today!

4 Comments:

At 10/10/08, 11:14 AM , Blogger jledmiston said...

I feel like twins! Sort of.

How cool is this. Happy Blogoversary to You!!

 
At 10/10/08, 12:13 PM , Blogger Reverent Reader said...

J - I am surprised I did not realize it last year, when I started the blog. Oh well, it's fun to realize it now! Have a fun blogoversary! Maybe next year we can plan a party.

LAK

 
At 10/10/08, 5:51 PM , Blogger TET said...

yo!
Congrats . . .that's awesome. My blog is almost one too! I think I'll run a bit that day to commemorate.

In any case, I've got a new book for you . . . Sarah Vowell's newest. It's called "The Wordy Shipmates" and it's all about Puritans . . . but it's got lots of interesting stuff about religion and US history and how they all related to today's politics. Check it out.

 
At 10/10/08, 10:00 PM , Blogger Reverent Reader said...

Hey TET - I've seen Sarah Vowell's new book and was already planning to put it on my Christmas list. It was just about a year ago that you and your S. introduced her to me. We can't wait to see you marathon weekend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home