Saturday, December 29, 2007

PSYCHED!


Hi Reading Friends!


It was definitely a terrific Christmas for a book lover like me. I received nine new books from family and friends, many of which I had had my eye on for a long time, and others of which I had not heard of but sound great. Plus a little bit of "mad money" that I intend to use for books. YAY!! Here are the titles, in the approximate order in which I received them:

The Life of Elizabeth I by Allison Weir
The Art of Political Murder: Who Killed the Bishop? by Francisco Goldman
The United States of Arugula: How We Became a Gourmet Nation by David Kamp
The Book of Marie by Terry Kay
I Feel Bad About My Neck (and Other Thoughts on Being a Woman) by Nora Ephron
Song of the Lark by Willa Cather
Secret Ingredients: The New Yorker's Book of Food and Drink edited by David Remnick
The Worst Thing I've Done by Ursula Hegi
The Jump-Off Creek by Molly Gloss

I've already started the Hegi book - she is one of my favorites. Also finished the long historical novel The Mulberry Empire over Christmas. More about that later.

Watch in a couple of days for the Ex Libris Fides first annual year end wrap up: How many total books read in 2007? Top five fiction? Top five non-fiction? All this and much, much more!

Missed you all - it's nice to be back.

Reverent Reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home